Job Description: Optometric Technician
Pearson Eyecare Group is currently seeking an organized, detail oriented, reliable, and motivated professional who is able to multitask in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment. Our practice needs and values caring individuals who understand and execute exemplary patient / customer service.
This position is responsible for:
- Performing diagnostics testing and obtaining patient histories
- Cleaning and sterilizing instruments for exams
- Checking patients in / out, scheduling appointments, greeting patients, and answering phones
- Interacting with all patients using a high level of respect and professionalism
- Performing all insurance verifications and pre-authorizations
- Dispensing contact lenses
- Maintaining rooms, including cleaning as necessary
- Having the knowledge and skills to use the following equipment: OPD III, Non-Contact Tonometer, Pachymeter, Lensometer, OCT for Macula and Optic Nerve Head
- Participating as an active team member in support of our doctors as well as other general office duties
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Weekend availability required
- Optometric experience preferred but we will train the right person
- Must be able to communicate clearly and professionally
- Proficient computer skills
- Hourly pay PLUS performance bonus
- Paid vacationSick and holidaysMedical insuranceLife insurance
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
Pearson Eyecare Group considers all applicants and employees for employment, advancement, and compensation based on their skills and performance without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our staff.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP:
Please print and fill out the application, then bring it into the location you are interested in applying for employment.